Tax credit for public transit passes

It’s tax season time, and for those of us up in Canada who use public transit for work or school, for your 2006 tax return, you can now claim your monthly transit passes towards a tax credit.

The Canadian government has set up an introductory website to tell you about the Public Transit Passes tax credit, but you’ll need to go to the Canada Revenue Agency website and find out just what it is you require in order to qualify.

Now, to dig through my junk drawer to find these old transit passes…

Leave a Reply