It’s been a little while since I last posted. Have been busy doing a bit of traveling, working and working out. Nope, I have not fallen off the fitness wagon. 🙂
I actually finished a round of P90X2 in mid-May of this year (more on that in another post soon) and since then have been trying to keep to a 5 to 6 day workout regimen, mixing it up with some P90X2, P90X, running, biking and yoga since then.
I’ve been recording my workouts via twitter/Facebook and through the teambeachbody.com website but I figure this blog is as good a place as any to provide:
- a week-at-a-glance record
- expand a bit on my short-term and longer term fitness goals from time to time, summarized and separated from the daily tweet/Facebook post stream
- a place to discuss nutrition as that goes hand in hand with working out
So here goes…
For the week of September 9th-15th:
- Sunday, September 9th – 8K run, drop-in with the Running Room in south Burnaby
- Monday, September 10th – P90X Chest and Back. Really focused on tightening the core. I think I did it too much because my abs hurt for 3 days lol.
- Tuesday, September 11th – 40 minutes of yoga. PVR’d and did 2 workouts from the Namaste TV series.
- Wednesday, September 12th – Ran 6 sets of hills for 4.8K.
- Thursday, September 13th – Day off
- Friday, September 14th – P90X Shoulders and Arms and then AB Ripper X workout. What a brutal re-introduction to AB Ripper X. Quads and hip flexors were and still are pretty sore.
- Saturday, September 15th – Went to Vancouver, had lunch on Cambie Street then walked through the Mount Pleasant neighborhood to go to MEC to look at bike accessories. Put on the Vibrams and walked 3K according to my RunKeeper app on my phone. Hips and lower back still sore from Friday’s workout so went back home and stretched out on the foam roller. Also did about 6 sun salutations and breathing exercises to try and work out the hips.
I have to come clean (no pun intended) and say that there is some room for improvement on this front. Been very good for at least the first 4-5 days of the week in terms of sticking close to a 40-30-30 (carbs/protein/fat) plan and packing lunches to work but then the weekend leaves a lot of room to be desired. I have been trying to be conscious of eating less crappy stuff on the weekend but it’s time I need to stop making excuses for having cheat days. Prepping and cooking ahead for the week on the Sunday is so very important and reduces the likelihood of eating out.
The Week Ahead
Aiming for a minimum of 5 workouts this upcoming week. Will need to have to come in early one day of the week for a client call so I will need to plan ahead and do a shorter workout that day.
Have also picked up Eoin Finn’s Blissology DVD yoga set (shot in beautiful Bali). Ran through the Monday quick routine and I think it’s got a lot of promise.
So there you have it. Hopefully the first of many posts recording my workout and nutrition progress. Wish me luck!