Well, it’s almost halfway through the calendar year and I thought it was time to do a quick status update on my reading list.
2018 started off strong but around April/May things dropped off for progress, but I consciously tried to pick it up again in June and am getting back into the groove of things. What I’ve learned is, I definitely struggle porting books on my commute to and from work as there’s usually not a ton of space to stand up and read. So, ebooks are the way to go this way; dead tree versions for home or on a long road trip.
All right, here are the books I’ve completed:
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Succeeding with Agile â€“ Mike Cohn
- Design Systems â€“ Alla Kholmatova
Books I am partway through right now
- Thrive â€“ Arianna Huffington (5%)
- Principles â€“ Ray Dalio (7%)
My 2017 unread book â€œbacklogâ€ that is left
- Agile Testing â€“ Lisa Crispin
- Coaching Agile Teams â€“ Lyssa Adkins
The books I would like to squeeze in this year that are still unread:
- The Hard Things About Hard Things â€“ Ben Horowitz
- Discipline Equals Freedom â€“ Jocko Willink
And finally, the super stretch reading goals…looking less and less likely I’ll get to this but something to strive towards
- Seveneves by Neil Stephenson
- The Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu
Extrapolating the rate at which I’m thinking I can get through this year, I’m targeting a total of 6 books read. Here’s hoping I can meet and exceed that!